Major Motoko Kusanagi
[Click on images for close-ups. Please allow that my picture-taking skills are VERY poor.]
- Major Motoko Kusanagi (草薙 素子 Kusanagi Motoko)
- The Major is the main character from the Ghost in the Shell (攻殻機動隊 Koukaku Kidoutai) anime/movies/manga
- Size:1/6 scale, about 9" tall
- Number of parts:23
- Custom parts:other than the mirrored case she's attached to (not shown), none on this figure
- Completed in:2018
- Misc. details:My favourite illustration of the Major has her hair blue, purple, and in a great variety of colours. I wanted this Major to look a bit like that. She had huge nipples poking out of her top which I found distracting, so I sanded them down. The image of her boot shows quite well how different the matte/gloss effects look. Somehow this figure was very difficult for me. I kept having to take her apart and repaint and she didn't fit together the way I wanted her to. At the very end I ripped off her arm and jacket (which had already been attached) just to get her hair on. So I'm more interested in moving her out than making a profit. To see her in progress, even though there aren't many pictures, her works in progress page is a good place to visit.
- To see her in progress:See her wip page
- $ 130
- If you like the Major/Ghost in the Shell here are some things available from Amazon:
- Painted, completed sculptures. Only ONE is available, the one shown (they are not created in bulk). Currently, these can't be purchased online. To purchase one contact Keiken.
- These are garage kits, not original Keiken concept art, although each piece is a one-of-a-kind due to being completed by Keiken with custom modifications.
- Don't know what a garage kit is? Look here for an explanation or for painting services.
- EVERY piece has unique things which have been done to it, such as real metal earrings, real metal swords, or extra pieces sculpted on.
- Due to the delicate nature of these pieces, thay cannot usually be shipped. They are hand delivered within the middle Tennessee-ish area in the United States. Look here for details at the bottom of the page.
- To see works in progress, visit this page.