Major Motoko Kusanagi
[Click on images for close-ups. Please allow that my picture-taking skills are VERY poor.]
- Major Motoko Kusanagi (草薙 素子 Kusanagi Motoko)
- The Major is the main character from the Ghost in the Shell (攻殻機動隊 Koukaku Kidoutai) anime/movies/manga
- Size:1/6 scale, about 9" tall
- Number of parts:23
- Custom parts:other than the mirrored case she's attached to (not shown), none on this figure
- Completed in:2018
- Misc. details:My favourite illustration of the Major has her hair blue, purple, and in a great variety of colours. I wanted this Major to look a bit like that. She had huge nipples poking out of her top which I found distracting, so I sanded them down. The image of her boot shows quite well how different the matte/gloss effects look. Somehow this figure was very difficult for me. I kept having to take her apart and repaint and she didn't fit together the way I wanted her to. At the very end I ripped off her arm and jacket (which had already been attached) just to get her hair on. So I'm more interested in moving her out than making a profit. To see her in progress, even though there aren't many pictures, her works in progress page is a good place to visit.
- To see her in progress:See her wip page
- IN STORAGE so not currently for sale
- Only ONE figure is ever available, the one shown on the figures for sale page (they are not created in bulk). Currently, these can't be purchased online. To purchase one contact Keiken.
- These are garage kits, not original Keiken concept art, although each piece is a one-of-a-kind due to being completed by Keiken with custom modifications.
- Don't know what a garage kit is? Look here for an explanation or for painting services.
- EVERY piece has unique things which have been done to it, such as real metal earrings, real metal swords, or extra pieces sculpted on.
- Due to the delicate nature of these pieces, thay cannot be shipped. I will hand deliver them, within a certain geographical area in the United States. Look here for details.
- To see works in progress, visit this page.